Monday, October 22, 2012

The business Covenant

For many years now, I have been trying to run a small financial business. I've worked long hours and I've had plenty of expensive training. Yet I still find myself struggling to turn a consistent profit. I looked back on my time past and came to realize that the reason for all the hardship and struggle is 
myself.
 I guess I could just type out all the Scripture verses that could go along with "all things are possible in me," but we all know them. I've heard them a thousand times in church. It's not the hearing or knowing that works out life's problems, it's the action you take with that knowledge. What am I doing in my daily life to look up for help, and know that it's there? What change do I have to make in my beliefs to trust the one above? These are the changes that I have had to make.

 Last week after an awakening from His words. I started to make that change. I knelt down and asked Him to buy my business for free. I asked only to keep me on as the working partner. To follow His rules and His rules only. To take the purpose of the business from a self serving ego driven outcome to working for the benefit of my family and the greater good of all.

I will confess that I have lived a life of financial selfishness. I count the pennies as the dollars fly out the window. I am a cheap soul. I provide a safe life for my family, but I could spend much more time being responsible to Him above than I do. I could provide more money for donations and charity with an open heart (with no need for recognition) than I do. I could trust in the words that follow.

2 Corinthians 9:10

New Living Translation (NLT)
10 For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity[a] in you.
I have now changed the name of my company to include the word Covenant as a reminder from this point on that I've entered into a new him and I. That I am now responsible for all things in business as in life to God above, and not my Ego.
Last week was the first profitable week in a long time. I wrote the check this week with a grateful heart, that he heard my prayers. I will answer his call to be a good steward of his blessing and use them to glorify his name and not mine.


Deuteronomy 8:18

New American Standard Bible (NASB)



18 But you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

UPDATE: 3/07/2015  I'm still struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment