Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson

 I just finished the new book by Mark Batterson "The Circle Maker." I found it to be a very good read and a book that you can put into practice talking to God. I will tell you that I struggle reading books on prayer. I find myself feeling unworthy of all the gifts that they tell me I should ask for. It is a dilemma for my mind. I know I am unworthy as a sinful man, so what right do I have to ask for things of this world? I do pray for health and safety for my family. I think that anything other than that is really not a need, just a want. How does GOD feel about me living a life unable to match His, and yet still asking for unlimited financial wealth and other worldly goods? I believe He hears me. I see His blessings in my everyday life. This book talks about circling your prayers with power and opening your eyes to see that He does hear our pleas. Once prayers are answered, use them to glorify His name. (my thought.) Use your blessings for the greater good of all. I've now taken my business into a covenant with Him, and already see His hands working with me. Here is the point of my contract with Him. I am not looking for the prize. I'm looking to make the change that the deal will force into my life. By making me change to follow His lead, I stop acting on my own selfishness and think not "what would Jesus do'" but "what does Jesus want me to do."

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment